Thursday, July 30, 2015

The Book Courtship Tag


I'm back with a tag, people!
A few days ago I was watching some video's from my favorite booktubers and came across a video of Katytastic called the "book courtship tag" (Click here to see her video). I really liked her video so I thought I'd do the tag too! 



Phase 1 - Initial Attraction: A book you bought because of the cover?
The Shining Girls by Lauren Beukes. Bad book, but nice cover. I bought this book partly because of its (misleading, VERY misleading) summary on the back, but mainly because of its awesome cover. Yes, it is very simple and maybe even plain, but I just love the black background with the golden letters jumping out of it. It has something cool and mysterious - it's like it's calling for me: look at me. I'm a mystery - unravel me.
Do not recommend, though. But just look at the cover - doesn't it call for you, too?






Phase 2 - First Impression: A book you bought because of the summary?
The Incarnations by Susan Barker. If you follow me on Twitter and Instagram, then you already know that I stopped reading this book because I found it a bit too "adult-like". But the summary of this book was vague, which made it mysterious, and interesting that it compelled me into buying it. It was verse-like and reminded me of my favorite book The Ghosts of Heaven by Marcus Sedgwick (Click here to read my review on that book), so I felt obligated to buy it.

Phase 3 - Sweet Talk: A book with great writing?
An Ember In The Ashes by Sabaa Tahir. Lovely story with great characters and an awesome world. I felt I had a great and detailed picture of where the main characters were - she painted a clear picture of the world. But most importantly - I found that the writing-style was engrossing, mainly because of the great main characters. 

Phase 4 - First Date: A first book of a series that made you want to pick up the rest of the series?
The Iron King by Julie Kagawa. Fun fact: this was actually the first YA/fantasy-book I've ever read! Kagawa has created a beautiful world and awesome story in this series. After reading the first book I just felt obligated to read the rest of the series.
Currently waiting on the third book in the sequel-series (that's how you call it, right?) The Call Of The Forgotten, The Iron Warrior!

Phase 5 - Late Night Phone Calls: A book that kept you up all night?
Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard. I've read this book with so much pleasure and amazement that it managed to drag me away from the real world and made me lose track of time. 
I eventually have stayed up many nights just to read this book till my eyes were burning from staring to long at my phone (I have this book on iBooks). Hehe.

Phase 6 - Always On My Mind: A book you could not stop thinking about?
We Were Liars by E. Lockhart. This book literally bounced through my head for four days straight. I just couldn't believe how the book had turned out - in a positive way, of course - and I just. I don't know. Well... AARGHH. (Click here to read my review on this book!)

Phase 7 - Getting Physical: A book which you love the way it feels?
Dreamwalker by J.D. Oswald. I haven't read this one yet, but when I felt it in my hands for the first time I had to supress the feeling to hug it. It's has a slightly rough texture, but it's  mainly soft and it just feels so nice :). 

Phase 8 - Meeting The Parents: A book which you could recommend to your family and friends?
The Humans by Matt Haig, because everybody can read it, whether you like reading or not! This book WILL make you laugh, WILL give you a better look at yourself and the humans in general and it WILL touch your heart. It WILL. (Click here to see my review on this book!)


Phase 9 - Thinking About The Future: A book or series you know you will re-read many times in the future?
The Ghosts of Heaven by Marcus Sedgwick. The Ghosts of Heaven by Marcus Sedgwick. THE GHOSTS OF HEAVEN BY MARCUS SEDGWICK.
I just thought it was an amazing book :).

Phase 10 - Share The Love: Who do you tag?
I tag all of you guys! Any bookblogger, booktuber, bookstagrammer - I TAG YOU!
(Definitely not rephrasing Pokémon's "I CHOOSE YOU!")

That was it for this blogpost!
Until the next blogpost, then! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment