Thursday, September 3, 2015

Would You Rather Book Tag!

O so accurate. The struggles of a bookworm.
So I came across this tag one day on a blog (www.sincerelyabooknerd.blogspot.com) and thought it would be fun to do it too! I really enjoy doing these booktags - they're fun and actually very creative. Hands down for those who created these!
Now let's get into the questions:

1. Rather read only a series or stand-alone books?

Definitely series, because I just feel like a story can't be finished after one book. I don't want it to be finished after one book. I NEED A SEQUEL.

2. Rather read a book whose main character is male or female?

O this is a hard one! I don't think the gender of the character is very important to me, it's their personality and ideals that count. But for as far as I know I've only read books with a female main character and a few with a male one. Male ones are always more interesting, since I'm not male and to have to have a look in one's mind is funny.
But I don't think I prefer one or the other.

3. Rather shop at Barnes & Noble (or other actual bookstores) or Amazon?

Actual bookstores! Now I don't have a Barnes & Noble around here or anywhere in the country, but I just love bookstores. I love to walk past all the shelves filled with so many beautiful books in all kinds and sizes. And I always like to skim through the first pages - I know you're able to do that on a site like Amazon to (sometimes), but with the book in your hands you can read whatever part you like. Or the last page. Hehe. (I don't do that *ahum* *ahum* I JUST READ THE LAST LINE OKAY)

4. Rather all books become movies or tv shows?

Movies. Definitely movies. 
Because that's just a one time deal. And I don't know but I feel like if a book would become a tv show everything would change. Perhaps they will add some "interesting" characters or events to spice things up and that will destroy the beauty of the story.
I don't want that to happen.

5. Rather read 5 pages per day or read five books per week?

Another difficult one.
I'm quite a slow reader and most times I do this intentionally because I feel like I can enjoy the story the best when I take time reading it. But if I would want to read all the books of the world, reading five books per week would definitely help to accomplish that.
So I'm going for the 5 books per week, assuming that I have enjoyed the story the best.

6. Rather be a professional book reviewer or an author?

An author, definitely.
I mean, I review books for fun. I just like to share my thoughts on books I liked or disliked to maybe help people out who are wondering to buy that book or just people's entertainment. But actually writing a book is so much more fun.
Creating your own world with your own characters and storylines, that's just such an awesome feeling. Their destiny lays in your hands and you can do whatever you want with them because you write their story. And in the progress of writing you get to know your characters you start to feel for them and you see the world you created by scrabbling down a few words - that's just awesome.
And you also realise that all of it is based on things you went through or things that touched you. That's just beautiful.

7. Rather read only the same 20 books over and over or get to read a new book every six months?

Read a new book every six months, obviously! 
If there's one thing that can make me hate a book, then it would be reading it over and over again. I just can't do that. I need something new. I need to be shown all the different things in the (book)world, instead of being crumpled by just one.
And besides - then I have an excuse to read slowly haha.

8. Rather be a librarian or own a bookstore?

A librarian, because then I'm sure that I will get my beautiful babies back. If I owned a bookstore I probably wouldn't allow anyone to buy a book or I'll just make sure that the bookstore will be closed as many times as possible so that I can spend some time with my books. The people will probably scared to enter the bookstore after a few times, because I'll probably try to kill them if they want to buy a book or just scare them away with my war cries and vicious glances.
Yup.

9. Rather only read your favorite genre or your favorite author?

I don't really have favorites when it comes to genres or authors. There are periods in which read on specific genre or books from one specific author and periods in which I read another genre or books by another author and other times I just mix it all up.
So I don't have an answer for this one. Hihi. :$

10. Rather only read physical books or ebooks?

Physical books. Definitely physical books.
It's not that I mind reading ebooks - they aren't that pricey and you have them always with you (if you use your phone to store your ebooks, which I do), but I just love having a physical copy in my hands.

Well that's it for this blogpost!
Until the next blogpost, then! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment