Wednesday, January 27, 2016

The Totally Should've Book Tag



Lacking inspiration and originality, Nadi set out to find another, the umpteenth already, nice book tag. Then she stumbled once again on Katytastic's booktube-channel and she found the Totally Should've Book Tag. Watching the video and loving the questions, she decided to do it too.
So have fun with another tag post!



1. Totally should've gotten a sequel

Ooh, this is a tough one... I mean, most times I just love the book the way it is and the way it ends; it may kill me every now and then, but it doesn't necessarily needs a sequel or anything. But I wouldn't mind to get a sequel to Wonder by R.J. Palacio, a beautiful book by the way that made my heart melt and my eyes water.
I would like to see Auggie grow up and see him experiencing all these things that other people experience, but then with his face deformity. Although I do think that the sequel wouldn't be better than the first or as heartbreaking, I'd still find it interesting to see the rest of Auggie's life and how he changes and how new people in his life see him then.

2. Totally should've had a spin off series

Well, I'm going to be very cliché for this one, but like Katy I'd like a spin off series for the Harry Potter series. Now I haven't read the series YET, but I'm half way through the first and I'm really enjoying it! I'm just sooo curious about how Harry's and Ginny's and Hermione's and Ron's children are going to experience Hogwarts with maybe a new enemy or soemthing like that. Or perhaps how Harry's parents experienced Hogwarts - that we sooo fun to read!
I NEED THIS - J K ROWLING, PLEASE WRITE A SPIN OFF SERIES FOR THE HARRY POTTER SERIES!!! I PROMISE I'LL READ ALL THE BOOKS!
#DesperateFanProblems

4. An author who totally should write more books

MARCUS SEDGWICK, MARCUS SEDGWICK, MARCUS SEDGWICK, MARCUS SEDGWICK!!!
Or I totally should read more of his previously written books, but either way I love this author, even though I haven't read much of his books YET. But well my wallet doesn't have an endless stock of money and the bookstores don't seem to appreciate him as much as I do, because there are almost no books of him to be found. Or it might be because most of his books are from 2009 and the books they sell are ones published recently...
But I still think he should write more books. Definitely.
I love you, Marcus Sedgwick!


5. A character who totally should've ended up with someone else

For this one I'm going to go with Celaena from the Throne of Glass series. Though I've only read the first book and a part of the second book, I still can't stand the fact that Celaena broke up with Dorian. Nope, I just can't. It breaks my heart. I just can't - Nope - I can't even - Nope.
I have nothing more to say.

6. Totally should've had a movie franchise

THE CHAOS WALKING TRILOGY!!!
EVERY SINGLE BOOK SHOULD BECOME A MOVIE!
I'm still busy reading the third and last - *sniff* - sequel of the trilogy, but man I love love love these series and I would love them even more if they'd become a movie. I mean, the movie would be really action packed and I need some visualisations of my OTP Todd and Viola, because then my life will be complete.
I just think these books would be great movies.





7. Totally should've had a TV show

Actually I'm more the kind of girl who likes to have books that become movies than books that become TV shows. I have the feeling that when a book or book series become a TV show, a lot of stuff that doesn't happen in the book will be added in it and I just would find that a shame.
So no book that should've totally had a TV show!

8. Totally should've had one point of view

Well, to be honest, I haven't read many books in which I had many point of views and that those perspectives bothered me. But I do have read books in which I liked to have more point of views. Neither do I have read books that really bothered me with its single perspective.
I think that the perspectives in the books are just great the way they are, because they make things more surprising or interesting - they just fit the story.
So again, no book for this one.

9. Totally should have a cover change

I think I'd like to change the cover of my own book, Het Geheim Van Mystic Mountain, especially the font of the title.
I would like to have a bit darker blues in the back and the monster school bigger and on a mountain with four kids - the protagonists - at the front.
And I'd give the title this gothic-like font - ooh yeah, that would be cool.

10. Totally should've kept the original cover(s)

I think the covers of the Chaos Walking Trilogy, shouldn't have changed their covers. I own the older cover and I really like them because the "Noise" in the book is printed on it and that isn't there on the new ones. Those thoughts that were pressed on the covers of these books, really made me want to buy them even more. I am not exactly sure if these were the original covers, but I still like these covers better than any other cover.

11. Totally should've stopped at book one

The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa. I really enjoyed the first book, but the second book didn't feel appealing to read anymore. Could be because of the many books I had read in between, but still comparing to the first book - I didn't think it was really good; I stopped halfway through.








Well, that's it for this blog post!
Until the next blog post, then! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment