Thursday, November 19, 2015

The Nintendo Book Tag

When I was younger I was a real Pokémon-girl. I loved playing the games, catching all these legendaries, defeat other trainers and earn money, defeat gyms and become the Pokémon league-champion and collect all these cute little items.
I kind of still like it, actually, though I don't play the Nintendo or any other game console very often.
So I'm not sure if you can call me a Nintendo fangirl or gamefreak at all, but that won't stop from doing this tag; The Nintendo Book Tag!

1) NES (Nintendo Entertainment System): A classic you want to read

DOES IT HAVE TO BE JUST ONE?
Because if you read my blog post on The Complete Short Fiction by Oscar Wilde, you know that since reading that book I fell in love with classics!
But I think I'm going for 1984 by George Orwell for this one, because one of my favorite teachers recommended it to me a few years ago and I still haven't got around reading it.
I'M REALLY EXCITED FOR IT!!!

2) SNES (Super Nintendo): A sequel you liked more than the first (can be a second book in a series)

Oohh... That's a hard one. Uhm. Argh. Well... Could it... No. Well. Hm.
I'm thinking The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa, the second book in the Iron Fey series, but also The Iron Knight, the fourth book in the series. ARGH.
Because The Iron Daughter has so much Ash and Meghan; they're relationship is growing more and they learn more about each other and everything, but in the Iron Knight it's all Ash and him doing this trial for Meghan, because he loves her so much and and and....
Ugh. I choose both.

3) Nintendo 64: A book that revolutionized the way you look at the world

Siddhartha. No doubt. No other book, but Siddhartha by Herman Hesse.
This book has had this effect on me that still lingers and I will never forget what it taught and I will, and am doing (more like attempting) it right now, use it in my life.
THERE AIN'T NO DISCUSSION ON THIS ONE, THOUGH I KNOW NO ONE WAS STARTING A DISCUSSION ON THIS ONE SO THESE CAPS DON'T MAKE ANY SENSE.
Moving on...

4) Gamecube: A popular book that did not go over so well with you

*coughs* Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi *coughs* 
Sorry, but I just didn't like it. It just turned me off. 
Just nope. Just nope.
I won't say more, but click here if you want to know more.
Please don't kill me.

5) Wii: A new favorite book

Well, I've already used Siddhartha and The Ghosts of Heaven isn't a new one anymore...
I think I'm going for The Knife Of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness for this one.
I haven't finished it yet, I'm almost half way through hehe, but I'm loving it so far. 
I WANT A CAMPFIRE BOX.

6) Nintendo Power: Favorite graphic novel series or series you want to start

I actually haven't read any graphic novels in my life.
I have to do that someday. I'm going to write that down and find me some graphic novels.
(Hopefully, if I don't forget, which I probably will so whoops)
But padfootandprongs07 (aka Raeleen May) spoke of Locke & Key by Joe Hills and Gabriel Rodríguez in one of her video's and said that it was dark and twisted, and I like me some darkness and twistiness (that's probably not a word, but anyway). So yeah.
I want to read that one.

7) Super Mario: A character you'd like to squish like a Goomba

THE COMMANDANT FROM AN EMBER IN THE ASHES BY SABAA TAHIR, BECAUSE SHE'S BAD AND MEAN AND SO SO BAD AND SO SO MEAN. BUT SHE'S STILL MY FAVORITE VILLAIN BUT IS STILL WANT TO SQUISH HER LIKE A GOOMBA, BECAUSE WHAT SHE SAID TO ELIAS IN THE END GODDAMMIT JESUS WAS SOOOOOOOOO MEAN.
Erhem.
Next one, please...

8) Zelda: A newer fantasy that you consider to be a modern classic

I love fantasy, but have I read a fantasy novel that is sooo good that it can be a modern classic?...
Well, THAT is a good question.
... No, I don't think so. Nope. Nu-uh. Haven't got an answer.

9) Samus-Aran: Favorite Sci-Fi novel or one you want to read

I'm going for The Knife Of Never Letting Go for this one, and perhaps the whole Chaos Walking trilogy. Since I haven't read all of them yet, they are kind of both becomung my favorite and still Sci-Fi-novels I have to read.

10) Pokémon: Book editions you want to collect

I'm not much of a collector of different editions of books, but if there would be one book whose versions I'd like to collect, if there are many different versions of it, I think it would be Half Bad by Sally Green.
But here comes the funny part; I don't even have one edition of the book. So I still have to read it, but I've seen one or two different editions of the book and I WANT MY HANDS ON THEM.
That didn't sound dirty at all.
Shush.

11) Donkey Kong: A book with original characters

An Ember In The Ashes by Sabaa Tahir, because they're so vivid and cool and nice and arghh. They're like a pallette you use for painting and all of them are such strong colours that it's impossible to ignore them and not love them even though some of them are gigantic douchebags.

12) Nintendo Fandom: Favorite Nintendo game(s) or game you really want

I WANT, I NEED, FIRE EMBLEM AWAKENING!
It looks so awesome, I've watched the game trailer a few times and each time I get all excited and each time I get sad BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE IT.
I really want that game!... She said whiningly.

Well, that's it for this blog post!
Until the next blog post, then! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment